Types of braces
At Clear Smiles Orthodontics, our team is experienced in using a range of orthodontic appliances, including different types of braces. This means we can treat you with the type of braces you’ll get the best results from.
Insignia braces are customised braces that get great results. Using the traditional method of brackets and archwires, the advanced technology and software of Insignia braces mean treatment is tailored to your needs and results are seen faster.
If you choose to have Insignia braces fitted, your treatment journey will start with the creation of a tailored treatment plan that uses the advanced Insignia software to customise your own set of braces. This 3D software analyses your facial profile, enabling us to see the ultimate position your teeth should be in. You can then see what your new smile and newly straightened teeth will look like upon completion of treatment.
What are the benefits of Insignia?
- Customisation – Insignia’s advanced smile design technology ensures your braces are designed specifically for your needs to get the results you’re after.
- Comfort – Because Insignia’s technology enables your braces to be customised for your treatment needs, they’ll fit perfectly on your teeth, unlike ‘off-the-shelf’ models.
- Speed – By having a set of braces that are fitted for your teeth and your teeth only, treatment will be quicker and more effective.
- Convenience – Faster treatment time also means fewer orthodontic appointments.
- Results – Insignia’s 3D software programme means you can see what your new teeth will look like before you’ve even started treatment.
Another brand of braces we use here at Clear Smiles Orthodontics is the Damon system. These braces look much like traditional metal braces but also come in a clear option. Damon Clear braces consist of brackets made out of clear ceramic, so when they are fitted to the front surface of your teeth they blend in with the natural colour of your teeth.
What are the benefits of Damon braces?
- Comfortable to wear: Damon braces use much smaller brackets than traditional metal braces, reducing the risk of the brackets rubbing on the inside of your cheek. This makes for a more comfortable treatment experience.
- Discreet: The smaller brackets and clear ceramic brackets used with the Damon system mean these braces are one of the more discreet options of traditional braces.
- Great investment: Damon braces are an extremely cost-effective treatment option. They provide our patients with the best of both worlds – a discreet appliance that’s relatively friendly on the pocket!
How do I know which braces are right for me?
If you have come to us for orthodontic treatment, or have been referred to us by your dentist, we will assess your treatment needs and give you our recommendations as to the type of braces we believe you’ll most benefit from.
Book your free consultation
Book your free consultation with Dr Semaan today to find out what type of braces are right for you.