Orthodontic treatment for teens
Those teenage years – they’re a real mixture of events, memories and emotions… not to mention a few awkward moments. But at Clear Smiles, one awkward moment we want to take away from your teen’s memories is having to wear braces.
The teenage years are an ideal time to have orthodontic treatment. Jaws are still malleable but all adult teeth have erupted so appliances can achieve great results. At Clear Smiles, we have a range of different orthodontic appliances for teens, including our virtually invisible Invisalign aligners.
Types of treatment
Teenagers can enjoy the benefits of the same types of treatment that adults have: traditional metal braces, clear ceramic braces, lingual braces, Invisalign aligners. But some of these options are more appealing than the others because they are more discreet, giving teens the confidence to smile throughout their treatment.
Invisalign is one of the more popular treatment methods among our teenage patients and for good reason:
- The Invisalign aligners can be removed for sports practice and music lessons.
- They can also be taken out for important events, such as a first date or school prom.
- The removable appliances make it easy to keep up with oral health, and they’re
customised to your teen’s mouth making for a comfortable fit.
- Invisalign aligners can achieve results faster than traditional appliances, so your teen won’t need to have treatment for as long.
- The aligners come with a wear indicator helping parents and teens track the length of time aligners are being worn.
Benefits of orthodontic treatment for teens
Straight teeth and a beautiful smile does wonders for everyone, no matter what their age, but during those teenage years, the difference orthodontic treatment can make to a teen’s self-confidence is clear.
Give your teen the confidence to smile. Book them in for a consultation with our specialist orthodontist and let’s work together to ensure they have the confidence to smile for a lifetime!