Invisalign is a popular orthodontic treatment that straightens teeth without the need for old-fashioned traditional metal braces. Instead, Invisalign uses clear aligners, which are virtually invisible to those around you, to move your teeth into the desired position.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign aligners are orthodontically moulded trays which look and feel like super thin mouthguards. These aligners are designed to fit over your teeth and work to gradually – and gently – move your teeth into a straighter position. These aligners are specifically designed to your teeth and your teeth only.
Every 2-3 weeks throughout the course of your treatment, you will be issued with a new set of aligners. Each set builds on the work of the last one, so your teeth continue to move throughout treatment. Check out our patient's most frequently asked questions about Invisalign.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Virtually invisible – The clear, plastic material that Invisalign aligners are made from make them virtually invisible so most people won’t even realise you’re having treatment.
- Removable – Invisalign aligners are removable so you can take them out when you eat and also when you clean your teeth. This makes it easier to clean the aligners as well!
- Effective – In most cases, Invisalign is just as effective as traditional metal braces. What’s more, they’re more comfortable to wear than conventional braces.
- Less restrictions – Because you can remove Invisalign aligners this means you’re not as restricted with your diet as you are when wearing traditional metal braces.
- Fewer appointments – Most Invisalign patients require fewer orthodontic appointments than patients wearing traditional metal braces.
How do I know if Invisalign is for me?
If you need orthodontic treatment then Invisalign could certainly be an option for you as most cases can be treated with these aligners. Invisalign also has a different system for teen patients. Known as Invisalign Teen, this system works in much the same way as standard Invisalign aligners, the only major difference is that Invisalign Teen aligners have a blue dot wear indicator to help ensure teens remember to wear their aligners the recommended 22 hours a day.
Aligner Chewies work together by ‘massaging’ the aligner around the teeth so that they fit completely over your teeth.
Experienced Black Diamond Invisalign provider
At Clear Smiles Orthodontics, our orthodontist Dr Steven Semaan is an experienced Black Diamond Invisalign provider. A member of The Invisible Orthodontist network, Dr Semaan has travelled around the world to continue to master the Invisalign technique and has become a mentor to several dentists who are using the technology.
Book a free consultation with Dr Semaan today to see if you could benefit from Invisalign treatment.