Invisalign treatment at Clear Smiles - How it works
Around the world there are more than 5 million people smiling because of Invisalign and some of them have been treated right here at Clear Smiles Orthodontics. We love the results these custom-made, virtually invisible aligners can achieve for our patients and would love to show you just how remarkable the results can be.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a popular orthodontic treatment that straightens teeth without the need for old-fashioned traditional metal braces. Instead, Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners which are virtually invisible to straighten your teeth and give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
How do Invisalign aligners work?
Invisalign aligners are orthodontically moulded trays which look and feel like super thin mouthguards, the kind you wear when playing sport. These aligners are custom-made to the shape of your teeth and jaws and fit snugly over your teeth. While you’re wearing them, the aligners are gradually moving your teeth into a straighter position.
Every two to three weeks you will need to change your aligners. When you come in to the clinic for a check-up, we’ll give you several sets at a time, so you don’t need to visit us too often! Each set of aligners builds on the work of the last one, so your teeth continue to move throughout treatment.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
If you haven’t already read the story of how we came to be using Invisalign at Clear Smiles Orthodontics, take a read now because you’ll soon discover why we love using these aligners to straighten our patients’ teeth.
But here are a few more benefits of Invisalign:
- Virtually invisible – The clear, medical-grade plastic material the Invisalign aligners are made from make them virtually invisible, so most people won’t even realise you’re having treatment.
- Removable – Invisalign aligners are removable so you can take them out for meals, first dates, family occasions or important business meetings. This also makes brushing your teeth much easier as you can take the aligners out and give your teeth a good clean!
- Effective – In most cases, Invisalign aligners are just as effective as traditional metal braces. What’s more, because they’ve been designed specifically for you, they’re more comfortable to wear than conventional braces.
- Less restriction – Because you can remove Invisalign aligners you’re not as restricted with your diet as you are when wearing traditional metal braces.
- Fewer appointments – Most Invisalign patients require fewer orthodontic appointments than patients wearing traditional metal braces.
How do I know if Invisalign is for me?
If you need orthodontic treatment then Invisalign could certainly be an option for you as most cases can be treated with these aligners. Invisalign can also treat minor orthodontic problems associated with the front six teeth, achieving results in as little as three to six months. Younger patients can also benefit from Invisalign. The aligners are suitable for teens and Invisalign also has a system designed especially for children, Invisalign First.
Discover the magic of Invisalign
Book a free consultation with our specialist orthodontist, Dr Semaan, today to see if you could benefit from Invisalign treatment.