Damon orthodontic braces are attached to the front of the teeth and the wires are changed systematically over a period of time, which causes the teeth to straighten into a truly beautiful smile.
Damon braces are ideal for both children and adults.
1. Self-Ligation in the Year 2000, A Comparative Assessment Of Conventional Ligation And Self-Ligation Bracket Systems. Berger J. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics 2000
2. Treatment Time, Outcome And Patient Satisfaction Comparisons of Damon And Conventional Brackets. Eberting JJ, Straja SR, Tuncay OC. Clinical Orthodontics and Research 2001; 4(4):228-234.
3. The Damon System Vs. Conventional Appliances – A Comparative Study. Tagawa D. Clinical Impressions 2006; 15-1.
4. Self-Ligating Brackets And Treatment Efficiency - Harradine NWT. Clinical Orthodontics and Research 2001; 4:220-227.
5. Interactive Edgewise Mechanisms: Form And Function Comparison With Conventional Edgewise Brackets. Vourdouris JC. American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics 1997; 111:119-143.
6. Force Decay And Deformation Of Orthodontic Elastomeric Ligatures. Taloumis LJ, Smith TM, Hondrum SO and Lorton L. American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics 1997; 111:1-11.
7. Ligature wires and elastomeric rings; two methods of ligation and their association with microbial colonization of streptococcus mutans and lactobacilli. Forsberg, Brattstrom V, Malmberg E and Nord CE. European Journal of Orthodontics 1991; 13:416-20.
Book a FREE consultation
Click here to download voucher
Everything you need to know about orthodontics, including costs and treatment options. Download now.
Invisalign is a brand new technology that straightens teeth using virtually invisible trays (or aligners) instead of using conventional braces. Invisalign aligners are removable and more comfortable than conventional braces and allow you to eat whatever you want while you are having your teeth straightened.
The clear aligners are practically invisible. Your friends, classmates, or colleagues won't even notice.
BDS (Hons), MDSc (Orth)
MOrth RCS (Edin), MRACDS (Orth)